In reply to for future reference (via extrasad)
1) When a boy who leaves goosebumps on every inch of your skin tries to play you his favourite song, let him. It will give you a part of him that his words cannot explain to you, that you can hold onto, even when he’s not around.
2) Let him touch you every where you desire to be touched. A touch cannot taint your skin unless you believe that it has. Let him touch you, as many times as you like.
3) Just maybe, don’t let him break your ribs.
4) Watch the sunset with him. Nothing is more beautiful than a sunset in love’s company. Watch every sunset, or just the one. Appreciate the day you have had blessed by his company.
5) If he makes your stomach flutter and your hands start to shake, don’t question it. Just kiss him. Thank him for making you come alive again. Don’t deny it.
6) Saying ‘I love you’ doesn’t always mean forever. What does it matter? Say it back. Scream it a million times, while you still have the chance. Let him say it for as long as it’s true.
7) It’s okay to delete his number if he kisses the pretty girl he met when he was drunk. It’s okay to leave if he hurts you. You don’t have to keep falling into him.
8) When he tells you that you’re beautiful, thank him. Tell him he’s beautiful in return, if you feel it to be true.
9) He may not be your soul mate. But few are lucky to ever know these things for sure. If he makes you happy, don’t try to define him.
10) After you kiss him, remember his taste. Savour each part of him, because no one can be recreated.
11) He’ll do all the things you’ve always wanted someone to do, and even if you end up missing them, enjoy them while he does. Don’t think about that now, let him whisper in your ear.
12) Too many people are afraid of heartbreak. Yes, it will happen. You will cry tears and your lungs will burn red, but don’t wait for that. Don’t deny yourself the pleasure, to spare yourself the pain. If he burns himself onto your tongue, if he’s etched onto your skin, then at least you know it was all real. Don’t worry, the heart always heals. And maybe, just maybe, while you live in fear of the sting, you’re denying yourself the touch of the one who’ll never break it."